Using a wireless pet fence is a smart and safe way to train your pet to stay within a certain perimeter. This device is usually used on dogs but can be used on cats or other pets weighing at least 8lbs. The great news about the pet containment system is that it costs much less than traditional fencing but it is just as effective – if not more effective.
It is easier to train your dog with the use of this collar. Since dogs are naturally fast-learners, the use of this transmitting device will make your training days a lot easier.
Simplicity for the Pet Owner, Security for Your Pet
The PetSafe wireless containment device may be a basic system yet it is effective enough to use as an alternative to buried wire fencing or the usual outdoor fencing. Instead of using spools of fencing wires, all around the yard, the PIF-300 makes use of radio frequency in order to keep your pet from straying.
This is also a portable system so you can take it anywhere with you. But even when you have to leave your pet behind, your mind is at ease because you won’t have to worry about your pet staying or taking a walk on its own.
PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System, PIF-300 Product Features
- It covers a wide, circular area of up to half an acre or 180-foot diameter. You can adjust the circumference according to your preference.
- The receiver is able to deliver the safest static correction when your pet strays onto the warning zone.
- Comes with automatic shut-off feature. The stimulation goes on for just thirty seconds and then it stops. It will resume after five minutes (if your pet is still within the stray zone).
- The collar is waterproof.
- It uses a 6-volt battery.
- It comes with a setup and training manual for the pet owner.
- The transmitter dimensions are 8.5” x 9” x 9” while the receiver measures at 1” x 2” x 1”.
- 18 kHz radio signal
- Shipping weight: 5 pounds
- This item can be shipped only within the U.S. mainland.
- Litihim ion batteries are required to operate the device.
How to Use the PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System, PIF-300
- First, plug in the transmitter and it should emit a frequent radio signal. This has an adjustable range of up to ninety feet north, south, east or west. Normally, this device can be set up in less than an hour. You don’t need to dig, bury or put stakes into the ground just to set up this fence
- To begin using the PIF-300, you must be able to define the area where your pet would be safe. Once you define the area you will need to put up boundary flags to serve as visual aids to your pet.
- Activate the receiver (the collar) and then adjust it to fit your pet. Make sure that all the contact points are in touch with the dog’s neck.
- Make sure to use this only on dogs that are six months or older. The setup and training manuals are both included with your purchase so make sure to follow the directions.
- Most dogs will stay at first in the warning zone where they will be given a warning beep. If the dog continues past this zone, then the corrective static will be released. This will continue until your pet returns to the safe zone.
- Take your dog to these flags then point to them and say “NO” with an authoritative voice. Your pet should hear the beeping once you reach that area. You can then let your pet wear this collar once more and go near the boundary once more.
- Let your dog go to the boundary by itself. If your pet finally gets the lesson, be sure to give lots of praise. Make sure that you continue to point to the flags while saying NO. Keep repeating this process for a few days or weeks until your dog realizes what this boundary collar is for.
- Many pet owners just love the fact that this device keeps their pet within the range that they have set. They have never worried about boundary training again.
- The training aids that come with the device are quickly learned by most dogs.
- The only disadvantage observed is that the house sits lower than some parts of the yard so this will add extra feet to your set radius. This can be easily overcome though if you use this allowance on your transmitter placement.
- Customers warn not to forget to take the collar off of the dog when getting in the car or going for a walk as this will shock the dog unnecessarily.
This product works effectively to keep your pet in the area that you have chosen. It is wireless, safe, and easy to use. The static correction will not harm your pet. Overall, this product comes highly recommended. Save on this product when you purchase it on Amazon.com.
You Can CHECK PRICE CLICK LINK BELOW At Amazon.com !!