Today, there are more and more people consuming fruit and vegetable juices as part of their lifestyle to increase healthy life. They think it is the simplest form of prevention and cure.
Raw juice therapy is quite an effective method to provide the body’s digestive and assimilative system a short break, and enable the body to reinvigorate itself. Apart from, giving the system a break, the juices themselves carries effective medicinal components. Different juices have different benefits.
Benefits of Raw Juice Therapy
Of course, juices have the same properties as the fruits or vegetables in their raw form, but their being in liquid form, are absorbed by the body very easily and quickly. They are replete of vitamins, minerals, natural sugars and trace elements. They are also aplenty in alkaline elements, which help in maintaining the body’s acid-alkaline balance.
Positive effects of taking Raw Juice:
- Raw juice of fruits and vegetables is rich in vitamins, minerals, enzymes and natural sugars, which are beneficial for functioning of different parts of the body. This therapy also activates cell regeneration and thereby ensure speedy recovery process.
- Juices made from raw fruits and vegetables are directly assimilated into the blood stream with all its nutrients.
- Raw fruit juices normalize acid-alkaline balance in the blood.
- The presence of organic minerals like calcium, potassium and silicon in raw fruit juices prevents premature aging of cells and disease.
- Raw juices made from string beans, cucumber, onion, radish or tomatoes may have contained natural medicines, vegetable hormones and antibiotics, which help our body to be naturally treated.
Precautions to be Observed while Taking Juices:
- Only fresh fruits and vegetables should be used for extraction of juices.
- Juices should be made immediately before consumption. Canned or frozen juice should not be used.
- Extraction of juices should be carefully made. Incomplete extraction would leave behind fiber and pulp containing important enzymes & vitamins.
- Quantity of juices should be as per immediate requirements.
- In cases of diabetes, arthritis or high blood pressure patients if juices made are very sweet, mixing water or less-sweet juices into it is required.
Different Types of Juice
- Juices made from sweet fruits (grapes, etc.);
- Juices made from sub-acid fruits (apple, pear, cherry etc.);
- Juices made from acid fruits (orange, lemon etc.)
- Juices made from vegetable, fruits (tomato, cucumber etc.);
- Juices made from green leafy vegetables (cabbage, lettuce etc.); &
- Juices made from root vegetables (carrot, radish etc.).
It can be said that juices prepared from fruits, stir up toxins and acids by stimulating the elimination process of our body, but juices made from vegetables alleviate the exhausted nerves and work in a serene manner.
Raw juice therapy is a way of healing and preventing sickness through an exclusive diet of fruits and vegetable juices. It is also the most effective way to bring back health and restore the body. When you are in a raw juice therapy, the selected juice should be taken in a proper intervals and in proper quantity
This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.