Having a clean office is as important as making an impression on your customers. The number of sick days of your employees will also be less, thereby increasing your business productivity. It is thus necessary to hire a good company for office cleaning for regularity in creating a healthy environment in the office, which in turn helps in building a unique impression on your visitors. It can be a bit difficult to select the right one out of several cleaning companies to choose from. Homeowners tend to make mistake when hiring a cleaning company for the first time.
The common mistakes that you must avoid when hiring an office cleaning company:
- Insurance coverage: One of the most important elements to look for while hiring an office cleaning company is their liability insurance coverage. When the cleaning tasks are going on, circumstances resulting in an accident might arise. If the company has no liability coverage, it will not pay for the mishap. You cannot even claim for the damaged items to the uninsured cleaning company. So, avoid this mistake and check out the availability of insurance among the options that you come across. You might have to spend a little more on their selection, but it secures a lot more.
- Specialization: This is true, as you know that not all the office cleaning companies work equally. You cannot expect expertise from all the service providers. Some might be good in a few tasks, while some are good for others. Looking out for a company with specialization in the majority of the cleaning tasks would prove beneficial. You will have to hire only one expert to fulfill all your requirements. Find your individual cleaning needs and make sure that you give enough time in research to find out the expertise of the company.
- Proper rates: Settling at the price quoted by the first company that you come across is not correct. You should find out the standard rates for the package or the tasks that you want to get covered. Definitely, paying attention to the budget for the cleaning purpose is essential. Several other costs are required to be done on a commercial property. Keeping budget in mind, compare the rates and find an affordable option. Do not make the mistake of settling down for a cheaper rate while compromising on the quality.
- Good cleaning products: The entire process of cleaning a commercial place can be successful only when the office cleaning company assures the use of quality products only. You must ask the concerned person about the company’s use of genuine and good cleaning products. The ones who have experienced their services might be in a good place to answer your questions. If you want them to use only green products as a part of eco-friendly business activities, you can always ask about it from a reputed company.
- Service agreement: Business owners always understand the importance of service agreements. Still, many times, it is noted that office cleaning is considered a small thing and the service contract is neglected. When there is no proper agreement, parties might not be liable to follow the rules and they would not be answerable if they do not meet the expectations or if they do something wrong during the process. In case some issue arises, it becomes difficult to find a legal solution in the absence of a service agreement. Putting all the responsibilities and liabilities on paper is beneficial in many ways. Proper communication will help in building a healthy business relationship with the hired company.
So, these are the most common mistakes that most business owners make while hiring an office cleaning company for their office. The golden rule while hiring a service provider is to research their expertise, understand their role, and enter into a business deal for cleaning services. Avoid these mistakes and be sure.