Travertine is a durable, strong and natural material which gives the indoor as well as outdoors a stunning look. Travertine flooring is used by many homeowners as this is an extremely stylish piece which can transform the aesthetics of property in no time. It is also used for making pool surrounds attractive and areas where you require unique tiling. This functional and attractive flooring surface can be repaired, renewed, cleansed, stripped, sealed as well as polished by travertine resurfacing experts. The professionals know their work to the core and will be able to assist you in the exact area you need help in.
Travertine is usually found in limestone caves, hot springs, and mineral springs and in underground rivers. This is quite different than marble and limestone. Travertine is a metamorphic rock where you will find holes or pores within the stone which is created by the evasion of carbon dioxide. Since the times of the Roman, this is being used in building architected owing to its diverse styles.
Types of Travertine Resurfacing:
1) The work of resurfacing: The rustic and natural holes present in travertine makes it a major choice for developers and homeowners. These holes are not polished or honed or filled in. Travertine resurfacing steps is restoration and transforming the entire travertine based floor by undergoing a deep cleaning. Alkaline-based chemical or cleansers are often used by the experts who can even remove the stubborn dirt and greases. Using epoxy mix the floors are hence given a smooth finishing.
2) Cleaning and sealing the travertine: Cleaning the travertine deep and in an intensive manner helps remove grease and soil totally. All sealers are removed completely in this process. The travertine resurfacing experts will use a penetrating sealer which is designed for the protection of the travertine based countertop or tile.
3) Hone and Polish: At times when the travertine gets a blotchy and uneven finish honing as well as polishing the travertine can be helpful and this can be reverted to factory specs. The honing process is important as help to enhance the shine of the stones.
4) Chip and crack repairs: At times the travertine countertop can get chipped and cracks can be formed. Travertine resurfacing specializes can restore and fill up the travertine accurately using the right techniques.
5) Restoration and resurfacing: Travertine resurfacing or restoration is needed to be made over the stone surface which has stretch marks or etches or if their finishing is lost due to the acidic effect of any cleansers which is bleach or acidic based. This gives the finishing look to the surface.
Professional travertine resurfacing must be used as and when there is a little discolouration appearing or the old searing is being worn off. It is always recommended to clean and protect the tiles before the damage becomes bigger. A noticeable differentiation can be witnessed once the travertine resurfaces work is over. Long term protection is hence is provided to the travertine with the application of restoration techniques.
It is always advised to maintain travertine on a regular basis. IT is effective and simple to simply wipe off with damp towel or cloth and then dry off immediately with a dry cloth. A little shine can, however, be added in order to keep the radiated look activated. Always use acidic liquids carefully as they can damage the shine of the travertine. It can also impact its shine considerably.
You should hire only those travertine resurfacing specialists who have years of experience in such jobs. Travertine resurfacing or restoration needs detailed and focused attention. Only someone experienced will know the kind of pressure which is appropriate for a specific surface.