A double glazed window is made up of two glass panes. They have become extremely popular in recent years as they save a lot of energy cost. The panes of glass in a double glazed window are separated by an area of gas or air and a spacer. Double glazed windows keep out external noise and are an energy-efficient choice for urban households.
Things To Keep In Mind While Installing Double Glazed Windows:
- Before investing in double glazed windows, make sure you consult with the retailer about the functionality of the window panes. Discuss the security features and how much an upgrade would cost. Since window upgrades are not very expensive, most people tend to go for them after installation. Therefore, make sure you know about the cost of all such upgrades.
- Certain escape features are required in double glazed windows by law. It varies according to the specifications of your property and the region you inhabit. The supplier from whom you are buying your window should tell you about the details of the features. You can also get special hinges fitted to your windows for an easy escape at an additional price as they do not come with the standard specification.
- The look of a double glazed window is of utmost importance as they can improve as well as destroy the look of the entire house. Look around your locality shop or design the exterior of the house with the glazed windows and figure out what type of windows look well. You can also refer to the internet for this purpose. Decide on the design only after you have done sufficient to research and are sure that the design will look good.
- Double glazed windows do not require much maintenance. However, to keep them functioning for a long time, wipe them with a soft cloth and pay special attention to the frames. You can also use a mild detergent for cleaning purposes. Since the hinges of these windows are made of metal, they require occasional lubrication to function smoothly.
- Even though double glazing is a great option for insulation and reduction of heating bills and carbon footprint, it is very expensive. Therefore, before installing make sure that you go through all your available options like secondary glazing. Secondary glazing is better at reducing external noise than double glazing. Thus, if your only goal is soundproofing, then these windows can help to some extent because of the double glasses fixed. If at all you go for double glazing windows, ensure that you need it and do not repent letter for your investment.
- Once you decide on the seller from whom you’re going to buy your double glazed window, get all the price quotes from him and compare it with the market rate. It should not be significantly higher than the ongoing rate in the market at the time.
- Make sure that the team installing your double glazed window will tidy up the area and put everything in order after the installation process. Also, they should be registered with an organization that administers these operations.
Thus, double glazed windows can be easily bought and installed from the market keeping in mind the above tips. These items are also available online. Various online portals sell these types of windows and even get them installed in your house without additional charges. Huge discounts are also offered by these websites who have been operational in the market for a long time and have gained huge goodwill from their customers.