Lawn Mowing Tips
Mowing one’s lawn has somewhat become an art of sorts. While others may choose to simply mow their way along the grass and disregard what happens, properly mowing the lawn is important especially in keeping the grass and the ground healthy.
Grass cutting is a weekly ritual for most lawn owners. Here are some things to remember to help you get the best from your lawn mower and your lawn.
Want some tips on how to do that? Well here are some of them.
1. Before mowing your lawn, remove rocks and sticks that may get in the way. Doing this prevents the materials from getting hurled by the mower.
It is something that could be fatal and therefore should beavoided.
2. Keep your lawn healthy by not cutting the grass too short. In general, leave about a half of an inch of grass
sticking out of the ground.
Anything shorter could kill your grass and destroy your lawn.
3. If you find the activity of mowing your lawn as something therapeutic, try not to be overeager about it.
You actually don’t have to cut the grass every week; justcut it when the grass begins to look too unkempt. Give you grass time to grow and they surely will grow healthy.
4. Don’t throw the cut grass away. While it may seem that it helps in keeping your lawn looking neat and tidy, you should keep it on top of the grass.
Once the cut grass decomposes, it will act as mulch or a fertilizer for your lawn.
5. Finally, try to keep your mowing pattern as varied as possible everytime you do this activity. It keeps the growth of your grass straight. Not all gardeners agree on this aspect, though.